Medicinal Values Of Nuts & Seeds for Food
These are called heart friendly, so recommended for heart diseases and best tolerated for diabetic patients.Medicinal values of nuts & Seeds
2.Sunflower Seeds – For arteriosclerosis and coronary artery disease:
- The essential fatty acids in this seed impede the progress of arteriosclerosis by lowering the level of cholestrol in the blood.
- They foster prostaglandin E1 production which is very important substance that dilutes the blood in vessels and reduces the risk of blood clots.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin-E which is powerful antioxidant prevent blood clots and heart attacks.
- Sunflower seeds reduce the cholestrol level.
- Skin and hair disorders – Linoleic acid and vitamin –E improve the elasticity of the skin and protect its cells from aging. Eating these seeds is recommended skin disorders, eczema, craked dry skin, reducing gray hairs.
- As they contain vitamin-B, they prevent nervous system disorders. It is well tolerated by diabetics and vitamin E acts as anti-cancer.Medicinal values of nuts & Seeds
The most iron rich nut and is useful for anaemic patients. Medicinal values of nuts & Seeds
- This is mineral rich fruit which can be eaten raw, or in the form of coconut water, coconut oil or coconut sauce.
- It contains a fair amount of magnesium, calcium and phosphorus . Magnesium is found in bones and muscles. Its deficiency leads to cramps and nervous excitability.
- So it consumption is required for bones, joints and muscles.
- Coconut has a beneficial impact on bone decalcification, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, during infant teething and in case of brittle hair and nails.Medicinal values of nuts & Seeds
- Peanuts contain highest amount of niacin ; so peanuts are helpful in case of pellagra characterized by the three Ds, dermatitis, diarrhoea and dementia.
- Regular peanut consumption promotes good health of the skin.
- Peanuts are rich in essential fatty acid. So they are highly recommended for heart patients. They also lower the cholestrol level. Medicinal values of nuts & Seeds
They are good source of energy, so can be recommended for undernourished children.